Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Wonky Pinwheels




I was finally able to convince myself to quilt the wonky pinwheel quilt for a second time (queue the angles singing).  For some reason this quilt gave me the hardest time (see post here).  After I ripped all the stitches out and ironed it again, I just couldn’t get it to sit flat.  I would base it and everything would seem tight and even and then I would start to quilt it, everything would shift.  It was immensely frustrating.  C’est la vie!  It is done and it washed up very nice.  



I tried something a little different with this quilt. I usually use a medium stitch when I quilt.  There is something sturdy about lots of little stitches (but not too many).  This time I went with a much longer stitch.  This being a boy quilt I thought it would be fun and a little more graphic.  You can’t see it in the pictures, but it is new for me.



I apologize for the dark pictures.  I work every day until it is dark and then it rained all weekend.  I finally gave in a photographed it on the porch in the middle of a thunder storm.  It was so dark even photoshop couldn’t do it justice!  The fabric line is Karma Baby by the team at Mint Blossom for Northcott Fabrics.  It is made up of traditional Karma symbols including elephants, birds, paisleys and flowers.  I just love the elephants!  I was happy to send this one off to its new home in California.


No comments:

Post a Comment