Monday, January 28, 2013

Stash Me!

I have been making a conscious effort to build my stash.  Many times when I am putting together a quilt, it is with a specific idea in mind.  Once I have the idea, I purchase a line of fabric and make my quilt.  If I am feeling really frisky I mix in some solids. 

I'm a rebel, I know. 

I guess I just figure if the designer took the time to design it, I should use them all together... right? 

That is when Brenda from Pink Castle Fabrics come to my rescue. She has this great Fabric Stash Stack Club where she picks a color family each month and sends you a stack of fabric (hence the name).  My thoughtful parents purchased three months for me for Christmas! 

You can order the stash club in multiple cut sizes (fat quarter, half yard, and full yard) and you can get 6 patterns or all 12.  I only get the six, but goodness it is exciting when they come. 

January is purple month.  I believe that purple fabric is by far the most difficult color of fabric to find.  Luckily I now have six lovely pieces.  Thanks Mom and Dad!

In my stack I received:


Pearl Bracelets in Lilac - Pearl Bracelets by Lizzy House (Andover Fabrics)
Orchid Citadel - Cuzco by Kate Spain (Moda)
Twirl in Plum - Frippery by Thomas Knauer (Andover Fabrics)
Sketch in Purple - (Timeless Treasures)
Leafy Stripe in Eggplant - Simply Color (Moda)
Dumb Dot in Amethyst - (Michael Miller)

I'm just tickled with my stack!  OK... I'm done gushing.  Yeah for purple!


No comments:

Post a Comment