Monday, January 7, 2013

Basting

Anyone who has ever spent time in a sewing room with me knows that my least favorite part of making a quilt is actually quilting it.  I am terrible at it.  I do everything I possibly can and still I am physically unable to make it all the way through without something moving, folding, slipping or sliding (see disastrous last post about tearing out an entire quilt here...).  So I am trying something new.  I have heard great things about odif 505 basting spray (check it out here).  

It is kind of expensive so I have been debating whether or not to splurge and buy it for a year or more.  But I am doing it!  I have finished piecing a top that I am deeply in love with and I can't stand the idea of a quilting emergency.  Now I just have to wait for it to get here.
How do you baste?  Are you a safety pin girl, use a spray or something totally your own? 

No comments:

Post a Comment