Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Local Fabric Shop

So I am a little late to the party, but I finally got down to my favorite local fabric shop.
The Fabric Shack in Waynesville, Ohio is my favorite place to go if I really need to roll around in fabric for a while. 
They have a great supply of fabrics regardless of your quilting style.  They have tons of modern fabrics, more traditional lines, and lots of solids.  They have so much the place is bursting at the seams... my kind of place!
I got a call in the morning from my quilting buddy Kelly saying that she was planning to drive out to the Shack (our term of endearment) and that my presence had been requested by her two and a half year old daughter G.  I am just tickled that G associates a trip to the fabric store with spending time with me!  We had a great time.  Kelly was on a fabric mission so G and I checked out all the kids fabric.  I learned all about Yo Gabba Gabba and dinosaurs.  She is a great fabric store buddy!!! 
I wasn't planning on buying anything, but they had all of their clearance fabric on sale for $1.99 a yard.  I couldn't help myself.  I found a couple good ones.  These two I thought were fun blenders.
I bought the rest of the bolt of this one.  I just loved it.  I think it will make a good quilt back.  Unfortunately there was only 2.5 yards left... I would have bought more.
They also have a great selection of fat quarters.  I grabbed a couple blenders to put in the stash.
The trip was totally successful.  I got 5 yards of fabric for $17.75!!! Best. Day. Ever!  Thanks G for inviting me on the fieldtrip!

No comments:

Post a Comment