Monday, June 3, 2013

Pot Holders

My mom and dad have been pouting about not being able to find pot holders that they like.  So I took that as my direction and made them pot holders for their birthdays.  

The materials were fairly basic, Insul-Bright and quilting weight cotton.  I had these happy cardinals laying around so I had everything I needed.  I used Insul-Bright, heat resistant batting, but decided to use two layers instead of one.  I made a batting sandwich and then placed the cardinals on one side and plain colored fabric on the back.


 I drew straight lines and quilted away.  I did a simple box pattern about 3/4 inches apart.


Then just a little binding a voila!


I didn't take any pictures of the final product, but you get the idea.  I made 4, two for each of them.  Their hands will never be hot again.

Happy birthday parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment